Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
SusCon 2013
Topic Rating: +1 (1 votes) 
March 28, 2013
9:48 am
KristenAtkinson0
South Korea
Forum Posts: 225

Is anyone going to SusCon in Dallas this weekend? If I wasn't halfway around the world, stuck in a classroom teaching, I would totally be there. I had such an awesome experience last year. Well, to a point. But even the rough patch was good. I wouldn't want to repeat it, by any means. But I would love to repeat the rest of the trip.

Anyway, I'm really missing my hooker family over here. Wondering if anyone was going to be there! If so, have lots of fun!

March 28, 2013
1:03 pm
vampyremage
Forum Posts: 462

I very much wish I was going! Alas, I'll be stuck working. Oh well.

March 28, 2013
9:29 pm
KristenAtkinson0
South Korea

Well, at least we're in the same boat. I am just fuming with jealousy now that I see facebook filled with status posts of "Finally made it to Dallas" or "Suscon, here I come!" or even, "Flight delayed to Dallas."

I'm super jealous of all my friends back home who get to go. However, I have a promise from my team that they'll skype me sometime this weekend while in Dallas so I might be able to see everyone.

March 29, 2013
12:50 pm
Sommersett
Forum Posts: 296

Not in physical form, but I bet several of us will be there in our collective mind and heart for at least a moment!!

Suggest to people they check out a place called The Cosmic Cup. It was my favorite place to hang out, drink chai, eat healthy food, play games, and just be comfortable when I lived in Dallas. It doesn't have anything to do with modification, but it is a great place to go and close to Obscurities. (That's Alan Faulkner's shop)

Maybe one year we can share a room!!

Everyone has something to say about the Mona Lisa until you're standing in front of it speechless.
March 29, 2013
6:51 pm
Oakbear
UK
Minister
Forum Posts: 886

One day i'll make it there! I always watch to see what shenanigans they get up to though!Cool

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Nietzsche
March 31, 2013
9:46 am
Sommersett

The penthouse suite just got more affordable!! Wink

Everyone has something to say about the Mona Lisa until you're standing in front of it speechless.
March 31, 2013
11:36 am
KristenAtkinson0
South Korea
+1

You know, Sommer, it would be totally rad to meet you there. Or anywhere, but especially at Suscon.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it, I suggest you get on bodysuspension.org and watch the Stelarc performance. I watched it live thanks to a team member of mine in the US skyping me while it went on. You can watch it here:
http://www.bodysuspension.org/
It was so gorgeous. What I would give to have been there….

April 1, 2013
10:47 am
Sommersett

We will Kristen. You are half way around the Earth and I am busy raising the next generation of people like us. I want to have a physically connected experience with you (and several of yall) but the time and desire must come together. I want to do a trip somewhere like temples in India or the pyramids in Egypt or even the jungle in South America. I'm even game for Prague or one of the seven hills Rome was built on. We may all only get one opportunity, or maybe a few, but I think it would be great to REALLY show up, be real, and go deep!! An opportunity to fulfill our self exploration dreams with church group support. Plus, I want to hear the sound of your laughter.Wink

I want to be at Vamp's wedding in the Canadian forest!! I hope you know your suspension marriage ceremony is TOTALLY supported by me and I am so thankful you want to do that. What a great idea for you!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 116

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

vampyremage: 462

Sommersett: 296

SasQuatch9585: 271

Jamesryan: 227

KristenAtkinson0: 225

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 60

Members: 2202

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 6

Topics: 574

Newest Members: Bucket, lueluebell, tat2dbeauty, kobra, Grcaeser, KarenHeinz

Moderators: Oakbear (886), Richard Ivey (6)

Administrators: Chris Carter (194)